Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012

Gutten Tag,

First I have been super sick these last few days with the flu and still am, so if none of this makes since just understand I am on a tone of drugs and can't think clearly....it is a good thing it is p-day :) But I got an AMAZING blessing on Saturday evening, and that for sure has helped. I will just rest some more today and take it slow the next few days and it should get better. Nothing to worry about.

So yesterday, Sunday,I was feeling super sick when I woke up, but said a little prayer that I could get through church then started getting ready. As we walked into the church it was really cool, because instantly I felt better... I wanted to go to church because Abel was getting the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday and I did not want to miss that! It was a great blessing. After the service when we asked able how he felt he said that right after the prayer he got really hot, and asked us if that was the holy ghost...it brought a whole new meaning to ''baptisim by fire''


Also a lady that we talked to on the streets last week and invited to church ended up coming. So I ended up sitting with her, and Sister Schaerr with Abel. The very first man that got up to bear his testimony is one of our high council men, named Br. Roggow. In his testimony he expressed that when people think about us, the Mormons, we should set an example so that they understand that we are good Christin people. As he said the word ''Mormon'' the lady sitting next to me tensed up and then with a shocked face turned to me and said: '' YOU ARE MORMONS!!!.........''(now looking a little confused) ''I thought that the Mormons were a cult?!?!?'' I had to keep myself from laughing because of her reaction. The only thing I could think of to answer her question, was with a question of my own. As I pointed to all the people around us I simply asked ''Do we look like a cult?'' After a moment of observation she leaned comfortable back in her chair and then looked at me and said, ''Nope, just good Christin people''. It was really cool to see the change in this women as her preseptions of the ''Mormons'' as a cult changed to now seeing us as the Church of Jesus Christ, a group of saints doing their best to follow Jesus Christ. It strengthened me testimony of the power of out personal examples.


Well I am going to end with that, because I honestly can't think stright. But I do want you to know that, I,  Sister Bohne have a testimony that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ, and that the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on the earth right now.


Alle
Liebe
-Sister Kimberly Bohne

1 comment:

  1. HEY what's a current address for Kim if I need to send a package?

    ReplyDelete