Monday, October 29, 2012

Gutten Tag meine liebe Familie und Friend(in),
 
Wow it has been a good week.

First Abel was baptised yesterday 28Okt 2012! It was a stellar service. Jenny (The RM sister) gave the talk, and it was exactly what Able needed to hear to calm those pre-baptism jitters. This young man in the ward Denny was able to preform the baptism. Denny is 19 years old and has been going back and forth on his decision to go on a mission. Since we have taking him on some Joint teaches and he had the chance to preform the baptism, his mother told us, as well as one of his close friends, that it is now looking like he will be going on a mission! WAHOOO!!! Baptism and missionary all in one ;)

The article that was written about us came out, it is titled ''Do you believe in God? Sister Kimberly Bohne and Sister Rebekeh Schaerr do, and they are working hard to make Germany Mormons'' I was going to take pictures and send it to you but I decide I will do that over the mail. Hopefully you can get one of the German speakers in the stake to do some translations. Over all it was really positive. My Mission President. Pres. Kosak is just thrilled with the results as well as the public relations office in Frankfurt. The pictures are not the best, but it does look like we had been out and about all day, which we had. There was one part in there that was kind of funny and that was the part that said something like... '' They(Sister Schaerr and I) are so happy all the time that one would think they woke up and split a BIG joint together''. Needless to say the members have not let that part slide. They all love it, anytime that we walk into the church laughing they just quote the article. I guess it is a good thing, if they think that we are that happy all the time. :) :) :)

So they do this thing in Germany called ''The Night of the Lanterns''. This is a night where all the little kids walk around the neighbour hoods carrying lights. It is a Catholic holiday celebrating....honestly I am not sure, maybe night of the dead or something. Either way, Larrni, a women we are teaching, invited us to come with her and her klein sohn Paul. It was so much fun. We walked around the neighbour hood, and then afterwards were able to talk about...guess it...Matthew 5:13-16. It was a blast. I just LOVE teaching family's.

Over all I am doing good. My compie comp is leaving me in 3 weeks to return home after serving a WONDERFUL mission and I will then be required to take over Langenhorn which is always a daunting task. Lots of people, so many streets, all super face paced. and no older senior comp that knows the area. So I am right now trying to take a hold of everything that needs to happen, where everyone lives the whole 9 yards, but it has been fun. Sister Schaerr had been really good at only talking to me in German, and correcting my German when needed so that I am able to communicate better when she is not here. It for sure has improved 10 fold in the last 2 1/2 months.

I hope all is going well back at home. I love you all so much.

-Sister Kimberly G. Bohne


1 comment:

  1. Not seeing the article on die Zeit website yet, but we'll keep watching. I have cousins in Germany I'd love to send it to. Love reading the updates!

    Uncle Greg.

    ReplyDelete