Monday, November 26, 2012

Hello Family,
 
I am sorry that these e-mails have been short the last few weeks, but today I will explain a little more of that is going on.
 
First as mom has already seen on the Blog, my new Companions name is Sister Hinkle. She is from the state Indiana, is 23 years old, and is super ready to be on a mission. She took German in high school, and so her German is good for a new missionary. 
 
It has been an interesting last week to say the least. So Tuesday is when I went to drop Sister Schaerr off in Berlin. I know it was going to be hard to say good bye to her after 4 1/2 months 24/7 together, but I did not realize just how much until it was time for her to Go. She has been an amazing example to me, and has helped me learn so many lessons. Under her guidance I have truly become the missionary I desired to be, the missionary God expected me to be. So needless to say it has been an adjustment with out her by my side. But I will forever be grateful for her and everything she has done for me. Mom I know you are really good at ''finding'' people. I think is would be cool if you ''found'' Sister Rebekah Schaerr on facebook. She will be going to BYU in about a month and I have been telling her a lot about La Luna. You may be able to trade a smothered burrito for a lot of stories of the last few months here in Hamburg. :)
 
So after Dropping off Sister Schaerr in Berlin, I was able to go back to Eisenhüttenstadt for the next day and a half. IT WAS SO CRAZY! Last time in I was in EHS my German was horrible and I was unable to understand a lot of the people in there, that is those that did not speak English. But while I was serving there I learned to love them despite the language barrier, and they learned to love the little ''Green Bean''. This week I was able to go back and for the first time have real conversation with the people that really took me under their wings and loved me in the beginning of my mission. It was super COOL!
 
Then on Thursday morning, I traveled by myself from EHS to Berlin, 2 1/2hrs alone! That was a crazy feeling! As I got on and off the different trains, and moved around I remembered how confused I was when I first got to Germany, and how thankful I was that I had an older comp who I could just follow around. I then had a slight panic attack when I realized that I just became that ''older comp.'' But so far everything has been ok, we have yet to get lost.
 
After getting to where I would be picking up Sister Hinkle, we had a training meeting with President Kosak, and then I finally got to meet her. After meeting we jumped back on a train, and spent the rest of the day on trains, heading back up to HAMBURG. Needless to say it was the most....different thanksgiving I have ever experienced. But we will be making a pie today to celebrate! God bless the USA
 
I am doing good. Learning lots about myself, about the gospel, about the love God has for his children, and a lot about being a ''mom''. I am so thankful to be out here right now, and so thankful to know that the Lord is blessing you as I am out here giving my best to serve him. I can't wait to talk to you guys next month for Christmas. I miss you a lot!
 
I hope everything is going well for you, let me know if I can do anything for you.
 
-Sister Kimberly Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment