Monday, December 3, 2012

Family and Church!

Hello Family,
 
Wow this week has been so good.
 
First I want to start out with a super cool story from church yesterday.
 
For the last few months we have been teaching this lady named Esmeralda. Esmeralda is from South America, but is married to a German. They have a son together named Florian who is 12. Florian is handicapped, but so sweet. In the last few weeks she has been making some AMAZING progress. Before Sister Schaerr went home we set a baptismal date with her, and from that moment on there has been this focus to all of our lessons. And between all of our appointments she has been reading and praying by herself. 
The first time we meet with Esmeralda and asked her why she would meet with us she explained that she believed in Christ but wanted to know more. She also explained that she felt that be meeting with us it could help her son. She also explained in latter lessons that one of the reasons she would let us in was because, Florian, her son, has a special gift of being able to sense people, weather they are good or bad, and that he felt totally comfortable with us. For her that was a sign that she should listen to us.
So yesterday Esmeralda, her husband and Florian all came to church for the first time!!!! They came a little late, and both Sister Hinkle and I were already sitting by different investigates so we were unable to get up. But it was cool to feel the excitement of the ward when a family of investigates walked in! The Bishop had this huge simile on his face!  During sacrament Florian was being a little louder then Esmeralda thought was appropriate, so about half way through they got up to leave. As I noticed them getting up, I was sitting on the other side of the sacrament hall, and despite getting up as quickly as possible to go and stop them they were already headed out. In the confusion of me trying to get through some people I didn't notice that another member had already gone after them. By the time that I got into the hall There were already two other members talking with them and telling them that Florian was fine, and that they would love if Family Fischer stayed. After less then a minute of talking, led by these members they walked back into sacrament.
At the end of sacrament meeting our Bishop got up and bore his testimony, as he was bearing his testimony Florian stood up and was just looking at him, completely silent. As bishop sat down and we started singing Florian walked up to the front and for over a minute just stared at bishop completely calm. Then walked calmly to Esmeralda and sat down beside her.
As I watched Florian looking at bishop the spirit was SO strong. It was a testimony to me that first the Priesthood power is real, and that this little 12 year old boy, who is unable to speak, can recognize that power that the Bishop holds. Yesterday was also a huge example of how important members are in missionary work. I would have been able to help them back into the chapel. But when a father in the ward steps up and invites them back in it means a lot more. That family would have walked out, and may or may not have even come back, but because the members were accepting and willing to help them stay, willing to get out of their seats I feel like we will see many miracles with this family.
The Fischer family ended up staying for most of church. Florian was taken into primary by one of the primary teachers. By the time they left it was so hard for us to say good bye to this family because all of the members were surrounding them. Needless to say the Fischer family will come back to church!
 
Besides that everything is going good. We are teaching Regine again, and she will be coming with us to a Relief Society activity this week. I just love that lady so much!
 
Laarni will also be coming to the activity this week and hopefully we will be able to get her to church on Sunday. She is growing so much, she has started reading in the Scriptures by herself, and praying. I will give it just a little longer till the desire in her is so strong that we will be unable to keep her away from church!
 
I am doing good. I have been learning so much these last few weeks. There has been this desire growing in me that is difficult to explains. I am changing, and it is good, but it is crazy to realize.
 
So with all the mission age requirements changing there will be a few shorter transfers to get on the same time as the MTC which means that I will be coming back over 3 weeks sooner then I thought, and between going into the MTC 3 weeks late I miss a whole transfer in my mission. So I have been having these feelings that I should extend, which means if I measured it right, when I extend, I will come home beginning of October of 2013. making the total of my mission 18 months and a few days. That means that I have just under 9 months, or in missionary time 6 transfers. This means that I will be able to train to the end of my mission and with all the new sisters coming in President Kosak is in need of some older sisters on the mission. But nothing has been set in stone yet. So we will talk more about it on Christmas.
 
 
-Sister Kimberly Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment