Monday, October 1, 2012

Finding Faith in Jesus Christ Fireside and Personally

Wow what a week it has been here in Langenhorn!

So first, the Finding Faith in Fireside went super well. We had a great mix of members, inactive, and investigates who attended. The spirit was really strong, and a lot of the goals we had for the evening were accomplished. Regina found a friend here in the ward, which is what we have really be praying for. Family Bastan-Mahr showed up and had a WONDERFUL time. It was really cool to watch the hand of the Lord guide the program, and bring it all together.

We also helped Jenny, a returned sister missionary, move out of our ward into a neighboring ward this week. It was so unreal to see the life of a returned sister missionary. It made me think a lot about coming home and how crazy that will be...I will be one of those ,,Returned sister missionaries''....... crazy :p

The people we are working with are doing so well. A lot of them are hitting the phase that they are starting to realize that living this gospel is not easy, and that it does take sacrifice and a good amount of self change. However it has been good to see that because we focused so much on the basics with them, and made sure that they understand, during this time of testing and trials that they are going through they have been staying strong. Some of the things that they have said as we have talked about enduring to the end have been: ''Its hard.....but I have just got to make the decision.'' '' Ya, I know that I need to read in the Book of Mormon every day, that is what gives me the strength to follow Jesus.''  Sisters, it's not easy. I have to change a lot, but I know that is what God wants''.

I just feel so blessed to be here, to be able to teach these people something that has made me so happy. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love being able to focus on it every minute of every day in my life right now. It for sure is not an easy thing to follow, but I would not expect something of such worth to come with a cheep price. I am thankful that the Lord has given my the opportunity to learn what I really believe, through it being tested every day. As I first came out on my mission I was able to give the text book answers to questions people would ask, and was able to back up those answers with scriptures. But a change has been happening with in me that is hard to explain. This religion is no longer a list of do's and don't but a set up plan to help me become who I want to become. The scriptures are no longer words written by prophets of old, but a letter to me from my Father, giving me counsel, direction, and comfort. I remember when I was younger feeling like as I prayed I was really talking with someone that loved me...and I lost that for a while. As I lost that feeling, that relationship, in the same moment I started loosing me. I think it has to do with the person I truly am having to rely on the relationship to make decisions. For me that only makes since, I sat at the feet of my Father for MANY years, learning, seeking guidance, feeling that love He has for me, that when I turned my back on that relationship I lost the source that I have been relying on since long before I came to this earth. I have also noticed that as I have taken the time to repair/rebuild that relationship everything else in life seems to be more clear. That does not mean that the things that I have been asked to do become easy, but only that I am able to understand more of why I am doing it, and for me that is importent

I am grateful for your support, for your love, and for everything you have done to help me grow and develop. I hope all is going well back home.

Schöne grüße von Langenhorn!

-Sister Kimberly Bohne

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Sister Bohne:

    We love your expressions and your diligence. We love you!! Happy Birthday 22 years young1
    We are also loving our opportunity to serve in the kingdom as well. We have had several sets of Sister missionaries through the past 3 years. Oh, they are precious! (Yes, we love the elders too.) We are not sure where your "Grace" ancestors have walked. But we feel that you are "relishing" this moment in time. Most wonderful. With your love,
    Aunt Susan, Uncle Richard, ALDS, SJMD, DnA!!
    Ofa atu from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Sister Bohne:

    We love your expressions and your diligence. We love you!! Happy Birthday 22 years young1
    We are also loving our opportunity to serve in the kingdom as well. We have had several sets of Sister missionaries through the past 3 years. Oh, they are precious! (Yes, we love the elders too.) We are not sure where your "Grace" ancestors have walked. But we feel that you are "relishing" this moment in time. Most wonderful. With your love,
    Aunt Susan, Uncle Richard, ALDS, SJMD, DnA!!
    Ofa atu from us all.

    ReplyDelete