Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Wow what a pack filled conference weekend!

Can you believe it, sisters can now start going on missions at 19!!!!
I was so excited when I heard that, I think it will do a lot to get
the wonderful young women out here in the field. SISTERS WE NEED YOU!

This week has been really good. It was indeed my 23rd birthday, yep I
am old. My wonderful comp Sister Schaerr and Jenny a sister in the
ward here in Langenhorn, schemed together some how with out me knowing
and made it for sure the BEST Birthday I have ever had in Germany!
First sister Schaerr woke me up with a candle, and some Cd's that I
was looking at the other day at the store..I know something was up
when she asked me to go look for the green and pink poke-a-dot book of
Mormon covers ;). They then reshuffled some appointments and surprised
me by taking me out to lunch to a wonderful all you can eat chines
restaurant with the best sushi in all of Hamburg! IT WAS SO GOOD.
Basically I just have the best comp and ward EVER! The best part that
it is not over. My parents also sent a package that they put together,
that has not yet arrived, but that should be getting here soon! I fell
so loved THANKS EVERYONE!

Something else really cool about this week was that I was able to
finish the Book of Mormon this last week in German. I have been
planing the whole time on finishing the book on October 5th, the day
before conference and my birthday. I woke up randomly on Friday
morning at 2am and was unable to go back to sleep. After some time
laying in bed I decided that if I was up I might as well be productive
so I went in the study room and being to read the last part of the
book of Mormon. As I finished reading the book in those quite morning
hours A peace and assurance filled my soul. I would just like to
testify that I KNOW that the Book of Mormon comes from God. I know
that as we prayerfully and openly study the passages in it we will
receive the words, direction, and counsel, our Father in Heaven has in
store for us. I know that as we live the counsel that we receive we
will be able to become more and more like Christ, growing strong and
stronger in our faith and more committed to serve him. I am thankful
to be serving here in the Germany Berlin Mission. That I was able to
even come on a mission. I am grateful for our prophets that have now
made it not even just easier for women to go, but also more practical.

Schöne Gruße von Langenhorn

-Sister Kimberly G. Bohne

No comments:

Post a Comment