Monday, October 15, 2012

President Monson came to Germany!

Moin, na?!?<-(My favorite north German sentence, This means 'Good morning, how are you doing today. Super short and sounds super ridiculous when you say it ;)

Well This week was great week.
 
President Monson came to Hamburg on Saturday 13th  of October! It was really cool to see the love that he has for the German people. His talk focused on 4 topics. Listening, Learning, Laboring and Loving.

I should have brought my notes so that I could use exact quotes that he said, but I will just try and summarize it.

1-Listening. '' It is the greatest opportunity in this life to be able to help the life of another as we listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.''

2- Learning. ''It is not enough to just listen to the Holy Ghost guide you, you must also be willing to learn from the things he directs.''

3-Laboring. ''It is great to have dreams, great to have, hopes, great to have ambitions, but unless we do something about it they all avail to nothing. We must ACT''

4-Love: ''As we learn to love as the Savior loved, we will in turn become the type of servant he exsemplified''

He talked also a lot about really deciding what matters to us, and then living it. He admonished many times that we need to stand up and take the name of Chris upon us as we stand as witnesses of him among the many of those who don't know who he is.

Another great announcement, I am not sure if I mentioned this last week, but we had transfer calls on the 6th of October, Sis Schaerr and I are staying together for her last transfer! I don't know if I can express how blessed I feel, to have the chance to learn and grow under her influence and direction as long as I have. She for she is one of the best missionaries I know. Her love for the people, and dedication to the work is inspiring. The Schaerr family has a lot of reasons to be proud of their daughter!

I am doing really well naturally, the Lord really has been watching out for us here in Langenhorn. All those that we are working with are doing well. There are always bumps in the road to conversion, but with proper support from those around them, and a determination to do what the Lord would have them do, even the weakest of us will one day become the person the Lord sees in us.

The weather is getting colder, the nights longer here in Northern Germany, but the excitement of the work often times over rides the negative numbers and precipitation that we learn to deal with.

I am so grateful to be serving a mission, to be able to walk in the footsteps of my Savior as I follow him in doing our father business.

Shöne Grüße,

-Sis Kimberly Bohne

No comments:

Post a Comment