Monday, July 9, 2012

Todays Test are Tomorrows Testimony's

 
,,Today's Test are Tomorrows Testimony's.''
 
Many times while being a missionary and while going through life we do many things in faith that one day we will gain testimony of why we are doing them.  
 
This morning while going shopping I experienced a tender mercy that I believe gives example of the positive changes that we create, that most of the time we don't ever find out about.
 
As me and my Companion were walking down the street, my companion made contact with a man and stared teaching him. I decided to 'split the efforts', and right behind him was this older Lady that I went to talk to. When I first saw her she looked familiar, but I was not sure of where, or when we would have talked to her. As I began to introduce myself, she stopped me and started to thank me profusely for the faith that me and my companion had. She was telling me how she KNEW that it was our faith that healed her husband. That he should of died but because of our faith he now lives. I at first was extremely confused, I was not sure that I was understanding her correctly, and when I knew for sure what she was saying,  I was think that she had me confused with someone else. I then remembered when we had first meet.
 
It was the 2nd week I came to Germany, about 6:40am. My companion and I were being good missionaries and were in the middle of morning exercise, which consisted of running around in a park, contacting anyone we could find and handing them pass along cards.
 
On that morning we had stopped an older women walking her dog. To me she looked upset..however I was in Germany and most people don't look extremely happy so I didn't think much of it at first. As my campion began to talk to her I caught two words, Mann (Husband)  andTot (Dead). I came to the conclusion that either her husband had just recently passed away or was on his death bed, I was not sure which one it was. Either way I had a very strong impression that we needed to say a prayer with this women, thankfully me German speaking companion also had this impression. We asked the women if that would be alright and then began to offer up a prayer. It is hard to explain the feelings I was having during that prayer. I was unable to understand a single word that was being said but through the spirit I know what my companion was saying.
 
Dear Heavenly Father,
We thank you for this chance that we have to come together with faith, in pray for our grieving sister. Father we know that you love us, and that you are watching out for us. We know that you hear this prayer that we are offering. We pray that your daughter may feel the love you have for her. We also pray as they children that Thy will be done in this situation. We thank you for your Son Jesus Christ, in whom all pain is swallowed up. Father we love you. And say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
When I opened my eyes I realized I was not the only one crying, but also my companion and this women. We gave her a hug, and a card with the WWW.LDS.ORG website on it and then parted ways.  Until today never knowing what the outcome of that prayer was.
 
Her husband soon after our prayer recovered, despite what the Doctors had said, and is now back to full health.
 
I KNOW God lives and that He answered our prayer that day. I know that Jesse Christ is the Son of God, My Redeemer, My Savior. I KNOW that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. That the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints is lead and directed by Jesus Christ today.
 
Press forward in faith for ,,Today's Test are Tomorrows Testimony's.''
 
-Sis Kim Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment