Monday, July 23, 2012

 

                     Ok so currently I am in Longenhorn, which is a suburb of Hamburg. Sis Rebecka Schear is my Comp and SHE IS WONDERFUL!  She knows how to work hard, but just as impotently she knows how to play hard. We are having a BLAST together. I don't think I have stopped smiling since we have meet. She has a solid testimony and seems to really understand what it means to be a missionary. She reminds me a LOT of Libby Baum and my sister Wendi .  I am excited to learn from her.

                    The word has OVER 100 people!!!! I feel like I am back in SLC or something. There are  truly individual yet absolutely amazing people. They LOVE feeding us, it is GREAT. We eat all the times with members, and when we are at home I just drink smoothies. It makes shopping and clean up really easy. ;)

                    The people we are teaching here are great, We are teaching this one man names Gunsterblum, he reminds me of Uncle Roger, the old man that lived near us when Jesse and I lived together. He is kinds frayed from all the drugs, but he is still able to understand the messages, and seems to really be wanting to do something else in his life. I am hoping we can help him, in a way I feel like I am helping Roger.

                     We are also Teaching the man named Khelil, he is from Iran and was raised Muslim. He has the coolest story about how he was found, a perfect example of how when members and missionaries work together the work really moves forward. The sisters found him some time ago after asking a member family to pray about a street that they could, as a family, pass out pass-along cards. Well the family ended up putting a card in Khelils mailbox. When the sisters whet back to knock on the doors they meet him on the street. At first he was not interested so the sisters tried to give him a pass-along card, the same one the family had passed out. When he saw the card he recognized it and invited the sisters into his home to learn more. He now has a baptisimal date!
 
                 Well you all I hope everyone has a wonderful 24th of july tomorrow, have a nice cold Coke for me and take a picture :)
 
Till next week,
Sis Kim Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment