Monday, April 2, 2012

Woot Woot I am officaly half way done with the MTC! As much as I am learning here, and enjoying the people in my zone I can not wait to hit the field. My zone decided this week that the MTC is the only time in the mission where you get door after door shut in your face and never a chance to talk to a real person. It is extemly humbling to have to rely on the spirit so much for the conformation that what I am doing is good enough, and not rely on the outwards rewards of missionary service. I feel super blessed to have this oppurtunity to be taught not only german and the doctrine of the gospel, but more importently be placed in situations where I learn how to rely on and listen for the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
This week has also been one full of suprises. The new mission president for the Berlin, Germany mission; President Henry W. Kosak and his wonderful wife suprised us this week by showing up in our class room Friday afternoon. The Kosaks are native to Germany and happened to be in the area for Genral Confrences. They  decided to drop by and take the oppurtunity to come and meet us. They are wonderful people, with burning testimonys of not only our Savior but of the importance of missionary work. The German people will be highly blessed with the Kosaks overseeing the work. I feel I as well will be blessed by their strict, caring german ways.
This week I had an experinces that soltified my desire to be here. This experinces brought back the joy I was feeling almost a year ago when I started my mission papers. I have been so blessed to have people put into my life to get me on this mission. To support me though the ups and downs of the application process. For a long time I have been worried for the well being of these people. I have spent many nights on my knees praying for the faith that my Heavenly Father would take care of them. This week those prayers were answered and I had the oppurtunity to see first hand just how much the Lord does take care of the family and loved ones of those of us who are serving Him. I am greatful for that oppurtunity and many like it through out the week that have shown me first hand that my Father in Heaven is hearing and is willing to answer my prayers.
General Confrences was GREAT!!! I have been told that Genral Confrences is like Christmas when you are a missionary, so true! I feel so blessed to have felt the spirit that I did . One talk that really hit home was the talk by Elder Oaks, as he talked about service in the Church he states: "The symbol of our christin faith is not the cross, but the lives of our saints". I feel so privliged to have this oppurtunity to testify to the reality of our Savior Jesus Christ. To give up just a season in my life, like many, many, many, many before me have done to proclaim His gospel, and sound His name. Day by day I am gaining a greater knowledge of what that truly means. Learning hard lessons of why it is so importent to be obedient. Of the importance of ALWAYS remembering who I have been set apart to be. Of how to be with another person 24/7 and the protection that that offers. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am just thankful to be here, I am thankful for the way the Lord is watching out for those I care about. I am extremly thankful for the leadership here at the MTC and their loving nature. I am thankful for those the Lord has put into my life since entering the MTC, and for the many, many lessons they have taught me. I love my Savior and feel privliged to wear His name on my chest every day. I more then at anyother time am realizing the power of the atonement and how it truly does cover all of our needs. I am thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for allowing me to be here on this mission. My faith and testimony are growing day by day and I can truly say with excitment....I AM A MISSONARY!!!!!!!!!!!
  



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment