Monday, July 22, 2013

Week of MIRACLES

Gutten Morgetn Familie,
 
This week was a week of MIRACLES!!!! It started 3 minutes after finishing my last e-mail. Just as I signed off the computer I got a call from an unknown number. I quickly answered it, trying to double task and get some stuff done: ''Hallo, Hier ist die Sister Bohne von der Kirche Jesu Christi?'' ''Hi Sister......here is Erick...'' ''Erick....ERICK!'' After many prayers, doors knocked, and lots of pondering I was finally able to talk with Erick again. After talking for a little bit we set up an appointment for Tuesday where we could come together.
 
Erick is doing good. After moving away from Eisenhüttenstadt, and not having a steady good influence, he struggled staying strong. Luckily there were a few returned Sister missionaries staying in contact through facebook and helped him get back into contact with us. As we talked on Tuesday he explained his desires to come back and become again the person he was a little over a year ago right after his baptism. It was hard to see how hard he was being on himself, and on his struggles. Sister Kriser shared a quote that referred to a little child learning how to walk. It says that as a child is learning how to walk, and it stumbles and falls to the ground the parents don't get angry, rather they applauds and cheer as the child stands back up. As she was telling me the quote I imagined in my minds eye the look of a child as he falls hard and looks up to his mother for reassurance, not yet sure if he should cry and stay down, or laugh and get back up. It is often times the reaction of the mother that will determine the actions of her child. As we showed Erick that it is okay that he has fallen, and showed our faith that he can get back up, the look on his face started to change. Yesterday he took his first step by coming to church for the first time in a long time. I am so proud of him and the determination he has to hold true to the convents he made.
 
Jenny was also in the church again yesterday. Sister Nicole, a recently returned member has take it upon her self to help Jenny with the transition. I am so thankful for the work she is doing and the influence of a missionary focused worthy member. It can be hard for those who come into the church to make that transition and it is only when the members get involved that it is possible.
 
The highlight of the week has been the preparation for both the baptisms of Carmon and Annika. Both were baptised yesterday right after church. There were many from the ward that stayed to support them. Our ward mission Leader Br Schröder was able to baptise Carmon, and Annika's father baptised her. Both baptisms were wonderful, and the spirit was strong. However there was a difference in Annika's baptism. As I looked at her father with his arm held to the square getting ready to help his daughter make a convents it was conformation that that is how it is to be done, when possible. There is a real power when a worthy father steps up and leads his family in righteousness! 
 
For me it was a very special Sunday to have Erick sitting beside me, Jenny in the room, and both Carmon and Annika being baptised. 4 people that I was able to help come closer to Christ, all either making or keeping covenants with the Lord. With Erick there it kind of wrapped a lot of my mission together, I just needed apart of Langenhorn and it would have been completed.
 
Over all things are going great here in Marzahn. Oh transfer calls were last week. Sister Kriser and I will both be staying here in Marzahn continuing to serve together as STL's. I am so thankful that we are able to keep working together. She will be my longest companion. She is extremely driven and focused. She is helping me in so many areas. I am so thankful for her patience with me, as well as her understanding of my personal weaknesses. I hope by the end of our time together I have been able to teach her a fraction of what she is teaching me. I really hope that you get to all meet her one day. She is teaching me things that I will strive to apply my whole life....basically she is just awesome! There is no one else I would rather serve with my last transfer here in Germany, and I think God know that. Having another transfer is a testimony for me that God does hear and answer prayers.  ;) 
 
Well I hope you all are doing great this week. It sounds like you are staying busy. Ashley in 6 weeks I want to do a midnight Taco run with you! Emily and Ben how is reading the Book of Mormon coming along? Do you have any ideas yet of what kind of trip we will be doing together.    
 
I know that God lives, that Jesus Christ is His Son, I testify that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet. That through him we have received the fullness of truth necessary to return back to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that this time is a time to improve ourselves, to strive to become more life Christ, in though, in word, in action.
 
-Sister Kimberly Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment