Monday, July 29, 2013

Liebe Familie und Frauenden,
 
Ich vermisse Sie und freue mich auf den Tag dass Ich wieder mit ihnen bin!
 
This week had been such a great week, it sounds like on both ends. It sounds like you had a blast with the family. I am not sure where you took this bridge jumping pictures but I think that we should go there in 6 weeks. I don't think I have told you this, but ever since serving in Eisenhüttenstadt with multiple bridges I often think about the time when I will be able to jump off one again! It made me smile when I saw the pictures!
 
That is wonderful how the Bishop excused every one to go and help those in Ceder who were affected by the storm. That is true discipleship in work. There is no better way to teach people to serve then by just doing it. I am so glade you were able to also take the kids out and have them help. 
 
Thank you also for sending that picture of Grandma Munford and Bohne together. I guess grandma has not received the letter yet that I sent with the pictures of both young Sister Munford and I together. Serving together for a day was super cool. I felt some extra strength from home knowing that our family could have been doing the exact same thing as we were in that moment. I can't wait to go on some Visiteing teaching splits with older Sister Munford!
As for the browns I am SOOO excited to see them. They know that I will be speaking on the 8th right? Also random but could you, or Ashley get on facebook and post that somehow. I am hoping that a few nonmembers will see it and we will be able to do some missionary work. I have a list as long as the one I am currently working with that I am excited to get back on start working on. I don't know what you are wanting to do on September 8th but I would love it if we did not start anything at the house until after all 3 hours of church are done. I am hoping to be able to get those that come to be able to also learn somethings that will increase their intress in the church. I don't know how the missionary work is done in the area or if they have an investigator class that they teach. I think it would be cool if we could have a Sunday school class that day that the nonmembers could go to be able to be informed on the restoration and have the chance to ask some questions. But that is just my idea. Tell Dave I want him right up front.
 
I am so proud of all the Book of Mormon reading the family is doing! Mom that was a great idea to get the kids invloved!
As for my week I am doing great. I am really enjoying the work and enjoying being here in Marzahn. Yesterday due to the heat the ward only had Sacrament meeting. I did not know how much the Germans really don't like the heat. There were many wards in Berlin that also made the same decision to only have one hour of church. Due to not having Sunday school or relief society at church, we as sisters decided to have our own back at our apartment. For Sunday school we just took another hour of personal study; IT WAS SO GREAT! We were also fasting so I was able to study the gospel for 2 1/2 hours! By the time it was time to move on I did not want to stop. Yesterday evening due to only having sacrament meeting we had some open time. We decided that it would be a good idea to go out and meet the people who live in our area. We took some flayers and cards and just went and walked on the streets of Bisedorf. It was great. People seemed a lot more open to talking on Sunday, and because we were not rushed the spirit was stronger. We were also able to drop by on a investigator of ours and give her a Book of Mormon we had written our testimonies in. She has not wanted to take a Book before now because of some bad experiences with previous missionaries taking back a book of Mormon from her because she was not reading it....BAD IDEA DON'T EVER DO THAT. She did not want to take it but when we showed her we had taken the time to write in it for her it touched her. It was a testimony to me that the little things really can make a big difference! ,,Die Jünger Jesu Christi Zeichen sich unter anderem durch ihre Liebe zu Gott und ihren Mitmenschen aus..`` (Treu in dem Glauben)
We have also been able to meet with Erick some more this week. HE IS SO AMAZING! For one of the appointments we went over the difference between Alma the Younger and Moroni and how the Atonement heals/cleans us completely. It was great to see the hope and the joy coming into his eyes as he realized that He can once again stand up and start moving towards becoming like ''Alma''. I have loved working with him so much. It has truly been a tender mercy to help him become active again!
 
Any was I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I love you so much and and am excited to see you all.
 
-Sister Kimbely Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment