Monday, June 17, 2013

Re: Stone Fam Reunion/ Jesse's 24th Bd. June 17, 2013

Dear Family,
 
This week has been one full of miracles. Last week I told you a little bit about a women named Carmon Kremir. Well After two great lessons at the Schröders home we were able to set up a baptism date with her on the 7 of July. During us teaching her about the restoration she repeatedly kept saying, ''Why did I not know this earlier in my life''. She would then look at the Schröders and ask them why they had not explained this early er to her. Great example of how it is our jobs as members not only to testify of this gospel through our lives, but as well to open our mouth when the opportunity is there. I am sure the Schröders are happy they are now having these conversations and not in the next life.  When we asked her to be baptised, she just looked at us like. ''Ya duh, have you two not been listening to me the whole time. I wish I would have been able to earlier.'' It was a testimony to me that God prepares people, and when Members and Missionaries work together we see miracles!  Yesterday at church she met the Relief Society president, participated in the classes, and Met the Bishop. She loved being felt extremely welcome and  is excited for her baptism.
 
Also this week we were able to start teaching Anike Phel, she is a 8 year old daughter of the new family in the ward. We had a family home evening with her family a few weeks ago. When we found out she was not baptised we asked if she would like us to help her get ready for baptism. The parents are really making Anike make this decision, we make out all of the appointments with Anike, and then approve the time with her parents. I have never worked with a 9 year old before but it is lots of fun. She will be getting baptised the day after she turns 9 on July 14th. It is so much fun teaching her because we are able to get in and strengthen the family! 
 
Jenny is also doing a lot better. We were able to have a picnic with her and two of her friends in the park where we run every morning. Talking with her I am so thankful for the power, strength and comfort that the Holy Ghost truly gives to all those who are worthy to receive him. Life is hard, Jenny said it perfectly when she said. ''Why would I make it harder by walking away from the gospel which gives me the strength to keep going.'' I am so proud of her and the progress she is making.
 
I am doing well. Super excited to be here and excited to be coming home in a just a few short weeks and seeing all of your pretty faces AROOOO! The time has flown by, but I still have plenty left so I will not end this with on a sad note. Rather this morning as I was studying my scriptures I was reading in 2 Nephi 5:31-32 where it reads (changed just a little bit)
 
Wherefore, I, (insert name), to be obedient to the commandments of the Lord, went and did...And I did that which is pleasing unto God. 
 
This idea that Nephi had of not only going and doing, but with the intent of doing that which he did in a way that pleased God made him into the man that he was. As I read this scripture this morning I asked myself the question; ''I go and do, but do I do what I do with the purpose of pleasing God, to fulfill his purpose. Or do I do it to check it off a list, gain glory in the eyes of those around me or any other reason?''
 
I have naturally been praying fasting and pondering the path I am to take when coming home. I have received a few answers but the revelation I gained today made it clear that I am not only to move forward with that which the Lord wants but in the way He wants, with the purpose to fulfill His will. I know that as anyone seeks to understand the path the Lord has put them on, and walk down it with the desire to fulfill his purpose they will one day be able to look back and realize the why of what He asked.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful day and a great time with the Stone family this week. Take a few pictures and send them to me bitte :)
 
Love you lots,
 
Sister Kimberly Bohne
 
p.s Last week I shared the story of the three construction worker. I hope that you thought about it through out the week and looked for the higher purpose of the mundane things in life.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment