Monday, June 10, 2013

Dear Family,
 
It sounds like all is going well for you. It is crazy that David is headed out on a mission. It does not seem like he is old enough, but I guess I would not consider myself old enough and I am almost done with mine. ;)
Praying over a rat two weeks I really did feel like you mom. Jenny did not want to leave her apartment in case it died. I told her the story of me taking Roadrash to school. She just loved it.

I am in the process if trying to figure out what I want to do after the mission. It is something that President Kosak has asked me to do, and something I feel is good council. Everyone has fear about coming home from their mission. Missionaries have busy, purpose filled lives here in the field. It makes since that I need to have a plan for when I get home so I don't just back into my old, not so productive life. Have you had a chance and looking into the schooling at all. I have been looking into some different Recreation Therapy jobs, and have started the application process. I am focusing mainly on Anasazi right now. The training starts on September 13. 10days after I get home. I know it does not give me a lot of time in SLC but I am not sure if I am going to be able to do something like this every again in life. It for sure is not the most family friendly job if that is the direction life takes.  But I only want to work there till January so that I can get back to school.
 
As for my life here in Germany. Transfers were this week and Sister Kriser and I are staying together as STL's here in Marzahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited to continue learning and growing as a companionship. We are seeing so many miracles (all be written in my Journal mom) and I did not want it to end.
 
This week Jenny was confirmed! It was so great. She has been going through some health problems lately. After her confirmation she looked more at peace. It was a testimony to me that the Holy Ghost truly does offer strength and comfort.

One of our new investigators this week is a lady names Fr Karmen Kremir. She is a friend of the Schröders our ward mission leader. We have been working on getting a joint teach with her the last 7 weeks. Yesterday we were finally able to meet. It was such a great lesson! We taught the plan of Salvation and were able to have Brother and Sister Schroder give their testimonies on baptism. We have a return appointment this Friday,
once again at Schröders. When members and missionaries work together we see miracles
 
So something that I have been learning lately is that every minute of our life is a treasure. As I think about what I am doing here and what you are right now back at home. It makes me think of a story.
 
The story of the three construction worker.

Three men are transporting stones. As a passer talks to them he asks the first construction worker; "What are you doing?" "I carry stones!", growls he and doesn't look at him. "What do you do?", the wanderer asks the second worker. Sighing, he answers, "I have to earn money for the food of my family!" Finally the third worker is asked, "And what are you doing here?" He looks up to the asker, then to the building and says quietly, "I am working to build a hospital!"

It does not really matter what we do as long as we know why we are doing it. This week don't just go through your day, find a higher purpose and let me know how it changes your week. When making a decision know why you want to do it and the vision you will fulfil by going through with it.

This is something that I have been really trying to do lately. Developing a vision, creating a plan, and diligently following through. I am not the best at it yet, but hopefully I am getting better. I know as I have been attempting to develop a vision of what I want it is easier to do all the MUST to get there.
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I miss you all and can not wait to see you.
 
-Sister Kimberly Bohne.
 
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment