Wednesday, June 26, 2013

If you could ask God three questions?

Dear Family
 
I am sorry that this is later then normall. This transfer Sister Kriser and I are mixing things up a little bit. As part of our calling to help train and support the other sisters here in the north east of the mission we have decided to both be going into the other area. It allows us to help train both of the companions in the same things. We have noticed by doing so it allows us to help them more. It is so ,much fun. I feel like I am on a Companion Vacation 1-2 times  a week. The only down side to doing things this way is that we are now so busy. I am sorry that I did not get to e-mail you Monday, I will try to do better in the following weeks.
 
So quick update on everyone to start out.
 
Carmen Kremer is doing great. It was cool walking into our appointment this week. We meet at the Schröders home. Sister Schröder seems to be getting not only spiritual strength from these visits but Physical as well. Carmen goes over early and helps around the yard. I have no doubt that the relationships that are being built right now will keep both Carmen and the Schröders active in the Church. It is a testimony to me what happens when members get involved in missionary work.
 
Anika Pehl is doing great. I just love teaching her. I am thing that when I have children I would like to invite the missionaries to teach them the lessons before they get baptised. Meeting with Anika is diffrent then anything else I have ever done before. Besides having to use the ''Du'' language which we normally don't use. The form in the German language used while addressing children. It is harder to teach her. She is really shy, until we start playing games. Unsure of herself until we start playing ''I Spy'' after teaching the lessons. But It is fun having a whole family network standing behind her and her decision. 
 
Hr Bohne cool story. Just today we were able to meet him at a park. We wanted to talk about gaining a testimony. Hr Bohne has been reading in the scriptures everyday, Praying multiple times a day, would love to meet every day (if we had the time), but is still struggling in developing faith. So we decided to read Alma 22 together and talk about trusting the testimonies of others. As we were reading we decided to act it out. So Hr Bohne playing the King stands up on a bench in the Park. Sister Kriser is playing Ammon, and I am the Narrator. By the end he actual ''fall to the earth as if he was dead''. It was something I have never done before. But as Hr Bohne read the words of the King the spirit was able to testify to him at the same time. It was a cool experience.    
 
Oh funny story. We are meeting with this 19 year old girl named Kathrene. She was an exchange student in the US for 9 months. In the US she stayed with a LDS family, Attended seminary, Church, and participated in all the family activities. It has been interesting talking to her. We have asked her a lot about what she learned about our religion while living in the USA. Alot of the answers that she gives us or more about the LDS culture as to the belief. For example ''Even after going on multiply dates with someone. Holding there hand. WE ARE STILL ONLY FRIENDS'' ''It is inappropriate, and even a sin to have Coca Cola in the home'' ''It is ok to go against what they teach you in church as long as you will go talk to the bishop later....'' While speaking to her I often ask myself the question. ''If someone was to come and live with me for 9 months what would the way I live teach about what I believe?'' I hope nothing to crazy. But they other day we asked her the question: ''If you could ask the Lord 3 questions what would they be?'' Her first question was no surprise, we hear it all the time. ''If God really does care about us why does he let some many bad things happen. The 2nd Question is one I have never heard before. ''I want to know if God has ever kissed anyone?'' The question was so unexpected that Sister Kriser and I both just started laughing.....but she was serous.. Naja the questions people have sometime. :P
 
I am doing good. I have really been enjoying being able to travel around and learn from all the different sisters. I am working hard trying to make long term habits both in my life and in the ward before going home in September. I am reading the Book of Mormon 30 minutes a day from cover to cover. I know how important regular DAILY Book of Mormon reading is in day to day life. If I get preoccupied on my mission with other books, including Preach my Gospel, Ensigns, and other good inspired books right now, that habit of daily book of Mormon reading will only get harder when I go home. I am also working on making my prayers more meaningful. It is back to the basics for Sister Bohne. I want to make sure that when I go home, the foundation that I have will be able to support all the experiences, and knowledge I have learned here in Germany and allow me to just keep growing. 
I hope you are all doing wonderful. I am excited to see you when I get home. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
 
-Sister Kimberly Bohne



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment