Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Years


So I took a lot of this from Sister Hinkle, but loved the idea of doing a day be day update.

Okay so here is an update from the Highlights of this last week:

So Monday was New Year's eve. Holy WOW! It is so crazy! We literally thought that cars were exploding and people were shooting guns! The don't have firework laws in Germany. People just buy whatever size firework they want and light it. Like I said..CRAZY!  We ate dinner with our ward Mission Leader and his family. 

Okay so we had a great night and we watched people light fireworks at 8pm. They were actually setting off fireworks all day long. Seriously. We went to bed like good little missionaries and woke up at 12 with the sound of world war 3 outside. It looked awesome but whoa! They have a tradition that you eat a Berliner (Jelly filled doughnut) at midnight...it was sweet!

Tuesday was a walking in the rain day(yep I sung too). We tried door to door but every one was still asleep even at 2pm. So we left notes with a lot of people and street contacted. It was really productive and a lot of fun.

Wednesday. Every Wednesday we help out at Tafel. It's like a food bank. It is a great experience to practice German and talking to random people. We always have the best stories to tell at the end of it.

We met with the Mansour family, and it was a fantastic lesson. We really have a great relationship now and I know they will make progress. The mother is a less active member and her twin sons are not members. They are a great family and I can't wait to see the progress they make as they come to know our Savior.

We also taught Esmerlda today, it was one of the best lessons that we have had in a long time! The spirit was strong, it is now just up to her to choose to accept what she is learning.

Thursday was a fun day as well. Every Thursday we have District meeting and we have 2 new elders in our district due to transfers.

We met with an investigator named Laarni. She has two sons one who is 5 and the other 1. She is the sweetest person ever! She is making so much progress!!! We sat down and answered a lot of questions she had as she was reading in the Book of Mormon. She told us that she was striving to do all these things, reading in the scriptures, praying, coming to church, etc so that her sons would also do it when they got older. There is a joy that fills you from head to foot that is indescribable when you realize on a mission that the lessons that you are teaching are truly affecting generations.

Friday. We went to teach Esmarelda this morning but she wasn't there....We has a feeling like something was wrong but were not sure what it was.

We had a supper great weekly planning session and I know it was super productive.

Later that night we met with the cutest lady. her name is Sister Glen. She is the sweetest, honest, funniest and most spiritual lady I have ever taught. She always makes us feel at home. She has a daughter that lives in Alpine, so she comes to Utah every now and then. I am excited for you to be able to meet her!

We've been working at helping our Young Single adults build relationships with those that are struggling a little with their testimony. So we set up a YSA Basketball night at the church. It was SO MUCH FUN! I think we got more of a work out from laughter than basketball!

Saturday. We went to back to Esmarelda's and her husband tschüssed us. He told us that she didn't want to meet with us anymore. It hurt but that just proves how much we care about her. I think we just need to give her some time, and then get someone in there that is truly able to communicate in Spanish.

We taught Sophia a new member about fasting. She had a lot of questions and it was a great lesson.

We then met with Mirja and told her about this finding idea that we have. Mirja is in the R.S. presidency and is an RM. She liked the idea of a stake western night. We are going to try and pull it off sometime in March.

We met with Larrni tonight and made mushroom soup and talked about the time line of the Book of Mormon. She was confused between the different Nephi's and such. It was a supper great appointment. She is making progress!

Sunday. We picked up the Mansour family and brought them to church and they enjoyed it and the ward was stoked to see them

We ate lunch at the Czenioks. I just LOVE that family so much. I really hope that you get to know them one day! We talked about inspiration, and I used the scripture dad gave me as I was struggling with the idea of coming on a mission in D&C 6:22-23

Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?

I was able to bear my testimony that God really does answer prayers, and that as we open our hearts God will lead us. I promised them that as we strive to unit our will with the will of God He will gave us the strength to be able to do so.

Then we went to a Laarni's again, (our goal with progressing investigates is to have as much contact as possible, daily if possible) She had made us an spinach soup with bread is was so good, but we were SO FULL. I am amazed that we didn't explode! Some times I think on a mission you are more filled with food then with the spirit. However we are super thankful for all those that take the time out of their lives to make sure that we are physically taken care of. I often wonder to myself what would happen if ever member in our church was treated like the missionaries....I don't think we would have any inactive members. I also realize that I have been blessed with SUPER wards on my mission starting first with Eisenhüttenstad and now Langenhorn.

Well I am not sure what I can say beside that. I am learning so much and am so thankful to be on a mission. There are lessons I am learning every day that would be harder to learn when not being so focused on the Gospel. I am thankful that I was allowed to come out. To serve my God full time as I serve those around me. I would not change this experience for anything, and that is because it will change everything. I know this gospel is true! I know that God lives, that He loves me. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of our Father in Heaven. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. That he saw God and Christ. That through him God sent up his church on the earth. I know this, I testify of it, and I strive every day of my life to live it.

I hope you have a wonderful week! Good luck to all those who start school up again!

-Sister Kimberly Bohne







NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment