Monday, September 17, 2012

WoW 6 Months

Hello Everyone!

Wow what a crazy last few weeks! Or I guess I could saw a last 6 months... Yep that is right OVER 6 MONTHS! WoW time has flown!

So first, I am doing good. I have an amazing companion, SIs Schaerr, who I get along so well with.<-(I am not sure of that gramme is correct anymore aber na ja)  I am serving in what I have got to say is one of the most supportive, uplifting, ready to do missionary work, wards here in Germany, Ward Langenhorn. The people that I am able to work with are doing GREAT! I heard that Eric Patrice (I was able to teach him in Eisenhüttenstadt) has a beautiful, sweet, super active in the church, girlfriend...that he meet at institute! This I have got to say is a sister missionaries dream come true, I am already seeing the white and the TEMPLE!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

But I guess I just wanted to talk this next little bit and write some of the things I have learned the last 6months of my life.

*God Lives. Shortly before coming out on this mission I was at that point that I could say that I believe God lives, but I was unsure of what that meant in my life. Now I am able to testify of it. God lives, and not only does he live He loves us! He lives to help us. WE are His work and His Glory (Moses 1:39). That is difficult to understand. Everything he does is for us. I think that is cool. God, the greatest of all cares so much about me that I, and all of His children, are the reason he gets up in the morning!

*Jesus Christ really does understand everything that we have gone through, everything that we are going through, and everything that we will go through. I think it is interesting that Jesus Christ, who was perfect, able to save himself alone, did what he did to help us. A God went through that so that he could understand what we would go through....This for me brings a whole new meaning to the word sacrifice. A God made a sacrifice to bring himself closer to men, an interesting principle.

*Name Tag: I am learning to be more comfortable being a Representative of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Becoming more comfortable saying what he would say, as well as refraining for saying that which he would not say. That is something that before coming out to Germany I did not feel like I would have a problem with. But a lady in my first area put in perfectly when she said 'Sis Bohne it is always interesting to watch the missionaries that no one thought would be a missionary, trying to become a missionary'.LOL,  to be honest that lady had it right. I could only imagine how funny it would have been to watch the back woods, no structure for the last 3 years, unable to keep a job for over 6 months, life loving, young Sister Bohne, striving to follow all the rules all the time and completely become  what she thought had to be another person to become what she thought was a good missionary. Oh my goodness I can only imagine how funny that was!!!! :) But I am learning that there are 2 names on the badge I wear, however I have also learned that those two names should have 1 meaning. It differently took a little while, and lots of self reflections, and even a few love taps from God, but I am now loving the person Sister Kimberly Bohne is become as I have strived to become one with Christ. As I have strived to not lose my self in a unrealistic mold, but truly find myself in the service of me God. 

*I am learning that it does not matter what I say, the spirit of the Lord is the converter and not me. As long as I am giving my best, and desire to work, the lord will use me, and my weaknesses will never get in the way of the work of the Lord. I just kind of hang on and let him drive. :)

*I have learned EVERYONE has personally quirks, you can either love them for it, or get super annoyed. I have learned that as you accept these quirks, and truly love those you are around, the Lord is able to work miracles.

*I have learned that German Chocolate/breads/Puddings/cakes/ ect. are AMAZING! And that the natural law of eating more calories then you burn will result in weight gain. ;) But I guess I am also learning how important it is to stay in shape, and no not the shape of a circle, so that we are able to better serve the Lord.

*I have learned that it is NEVER easy to do as the spirit asks. To say what the spirit prompts you to say. But as well follow him, sometimes into some crazy doof situations, as long as you just hold on most of the times it is a pretty entertaining ride :)

I hope all is going well back at home, and that every one is doing ok. Thank you all for all the help, the support, at points the love taps, that allowed me to get on this mission. I miss you all!


-Sis Kim Bohne.


No comments:

Post a Comment