Monday, February 18, 2013

First week in Berlin

Hello Everyone,

Wow this week has been a different week then any other in my mission. Wednesday evening I got a phone call from the Mission office telling me that Sister Hinkle and I needed to be in Berlin the next morning rather then Monday (today). We had many great appointments set up, saying by to everyone, all being changed by being called to Berlin. We ran by Mirja`s house, as well as Mama Czinioka´s home to say goodbye. I am going to miss that ward a lot they have truly helped become the missionary I have been called to be.
Thursday as I got to Berlin I found out that I would be companions with a Sister Dean until we both get our new companions Monday. Sister Dean is known as being the funnies/craziest sister in our mission so I know this was going to be fun. Sister Dean will also be working in Marzahn with me. We will both be opening new programs. Also we will be living in the same 4 women apartment....I just hope our new missionaries survive this next little bit :P
Thursday-Sunday we spend in our apartment All DAY. Sister Dean was sick and was ordered to bed by Sister Kosak. We joked that we were working hard at being obedient laying in bed all day. It was for sure one of the hardest orders I have ever been given on my mission. I thought often of dad saying the worse thing about not working is that you can never take a break from it. Sitting inside all day was I believe harder then knocking doors all day long. But naja.
In just a few hours we will be headed over to mission office to pick up our new companions. I some how convinced Sister Dean to wear a Traditional German dress to pick up her new comp...you will see pictures on the Blog! :) :) :)
Well I am doing good. Super excited to meet my new comp in just a little bit. I am sure she will be great.
Okay so we took one ,,Break" this week. We went to a Valentin's Day dance that the Marzahn Ward was putting on. It was so much fun getting to know the ward. The Bishops wife is from Texas and has only been living here for less then 4 years. We ended up talking a ot. She is right now setting up an appointment with one of her friends that she really wanted to teach about the gospel but was a little scared using the Elders. The ward is SO excited to have sisters! I am excited to work with them! I feel like we are going to do great things here!
Well I hope that you all have a wonderful week. Sorry there is not much to update you on. I could tell you about all the crazy noises Sister Dean makes, but it is more then the sounds Ashley makes so it would take awhile, and really would not be so uplifting.

Schöne grüße

die Sister Kimberly Bohne
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment